The Museum of Photographic Arts strives to maintain a dialogue with contemporary artists, and engage with new ideas and work being created in the photographic medium. We ask that all submissions follow the guidelines below:
- To submit work for review, please visit the Museum, or review our past exhibitions to assess whether your work is appropriate for our programming. Unfortunately, due to the number of portfolio submissions we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each artist.
- Portfolios can be submitted by email to email@example.com or direct mail to the address below. Please note we do not accept materials at the museum admission desk. All artist submissions should include: a website address; digital or print portfolio; additional materials such as press reviews, exhibition catalogs, or print-on-demand books.
- Please include a resumé and artist’s statement, and other supporting materials with your submission.
- If materials require return, please include postage and appropriate packaging. Submissions sent without return postage are considered property of the Museum, and will be held or disposed of at will.
- We ask that all submitted materials be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches.
If your work is of interest to MOPA, or if we wish to retain your materials for future reference, you will be notified directly.
Printed materials should be sent to:
Museum of Photographic Arts
Attn: Curatorial Department
1649 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101