Temporary installer needed February 1st through 20th
Assist with museum-quality art handling related to installation and de-installation, including: handling, displaying fine art objects, painting, fabricating exhibition components and implementing display designs.
- Installation and preparation of Museum Exhibitions includes movement of artwork (big/small/heavy/light) and crates, assist with art packing/unpacking,
- Clean and prepare gallery spaces, climb ladders, paint, assit with ighting and graphics.
- Assist in construction of display elements and crates; may include working with woodshop equipment, solvents, hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Other functions as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment associated with electrical, woodworking, general/minor construction.
- Prior experience working with paint, paint fumes & chemical fumes associated with common industrial supplies.
- Ability to carry out physical maneuvers associated with maintenance, repair, replacement and general upkeep of equipment and properties which includes lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ladder work including heights: 15-20+ feet.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Must be able to physically move artwork (big/small/heavy/light) and crates, install artwork, assist with art packing/unpacking, climb ladders, paint and light galleries. Previous experience required in light construction for the fabrication of display elements and crates, and a safe working knowledge of woodshop equipment, solvents, and hand-held and stationary power tools. Knowledge of vinyl installation a plus. Previous museum, gallery, or studio art experience a plus.
Hourly Rate - $13+, actual number of hours and schedule flexible, may have to work six days in a row