MOPA Internships - Summer/Fall 2015
Development & Design Intern
This position offers an entry-level introduction into the daily operations of a Development Department, offering valuable hands-on experience in the recruitment and stewardship of donations to the Museum and related fundraising activities. This intern works within the Development Department, providing assistance in their work with current and prospective donors and members to the Museum.
Through this internship opportunity, the Development & Design intern will gain exposure to the following operations:
- Perform donor analysis, identification of new donor leads, conducting research to qualify potential giving.
- Design cultivation activities to attract major gift prospects.
- Practice graphic design skills with the Development team to create and deliver compelling, fundraising-focused design solutions for the web, social media, print collateral, and promotional items like e-newsletters.
- Gain experience in database management, data input and pipeline reporting.
- Other projects as assigned may include conducting mailings, and other related administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Operations and Membership Officer, the Development/Design Intern will be responsible for contributing to internal/external fundraising efforts through:
- Designing images to be used for print and web
- Creating flyers and newsletters in Publisher and/or InDesign
- Photographing clients and events
- Aiding in promotional efforts for events and day of execution
- Creating and distributing e-newsletters
- Additional assistance in development and marketing initiatives as required by the Director of Development Operations
The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled or recently completed higher education. Additionally, the candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, media and design experience, the ability to work independently, as well as a desire to gain fundraising experience in a museum environment.
To continue with the application process, please proceed to the internship application.