MOPA Internships - Summer/Fall 2015
Social Media and Communications Intern
Starts Fall 2015
Reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager
This intern works in the Operations Department, providing assistance to the Marketing & Communications Manager at the Museum of Photographic Arts. The ideal candidate is energetic, curious, self-motivated, a fast learner, tech-savvy, and a team player ready to have fun and learn about in-house marketing and communications. Qualified candidates will demonstrate creative, technical, and organizational skills that consistently exceed the expectations of our team.
This position offers an entry-level introduction into the daily marketing and communications efforts of MOPA.
• Understand the role of internal/external communications within the museum
• Learn how to research and determine what types of content audiences want
• Understanding of how social media supports marketing initiatives and used at a professional business level
Under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Social Media & Communications Intern will be responsible for contributing to:
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Monitor and post on social media networks
• Edit museum communications, including press releases and news posts
• Photograph clients and events for social media (phoneography accepted)
• Assist with day-to-day marketing outreach
• Opportunity to write content for website
• Email Marketing- creating and distributing email newsletters, including monthly Snapshot
• Assist with other tasks as needed by the Marketing & Communications Manager
• Pursuing a degree related to Marketing and Communications
• Interest in bringing forward ideas and contributing to the MOPA team
• Experience with professional use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Familiarity with smartphone apps to assist social media (i.e. photo editing, reposting, etc.)
• Excellent “phoneography” skills plus interest in photography/visual media
• Attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and ability to plan, prioritize, and
coordinate multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, preferably in AP style
To continue with the application process, please proceed to the internship application.