MOPA Internships - Fall 2014
Lou Stoumen Prize Research Internship
Starts Spring 2015
Reports to: Executive Director
About The Lou Stoumen Prize
From the 1930s through the 1980s, Lou Stoumen traveled the U.S., India, Puerto Rico, China, Japan, and beyond, capturing the energy of a changing world. In 1991, the award-winning photographer and film director established an endowed gift to be given to a photographer whose work related in spirit to his own humanistic approach to photography.
- The primary responsibilities of the internship include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Marketing department to develop material and to awareness of the nomination process and award ceremony
- Communicate with award designer to facilitate design and production of the physical award
- Available to attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Executive Director, Assistant Curator, Marketing Manager and Development Department
- Candidate must be either currently enrolled in graduate study, or have obtained graduate a graduate degree in photography, art or art history
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work independently
- Flexible schedule
- Experience communicating with photographers, galleries, and arts organizations
To continue with the application process, please proceed to the internship application.