LomoKino MUBI Edition
Bringing analogue back to the movies, the LomoKino is a Lomography movie camera that shoots short, creative movies on 35mm film!
The LomoKino is here to bring the unpredictable, unique and original qualities of analogue photography that we love back into moviemaking. It’s here to offer you something truly beautiful and authentic – An analogue movie camera that opens up a whole new direction of experimentation and a world of creative possibilities.
The LomoKino encourages you to fully embrace the 10 Golden Rules of Lomography. Simple to use, the camera is perfect for analogue experimentation; so don’t think, tear up the script and shoot from the hip because it’s time to make some fantastic movies in true Lomographic style!
After over 100 years of movie making, million-dollars-special-effects, big scale film studios and endless Hollywood drama, the LomoKino gives you the chance to return to the roots of movie-making and witness the very first steps of moving Lomography. Become a director yourself and capture Lomographic movies on any kind of 35mm film: no sound, no special effects, no post production – Just simple Lomography in motion.
- Subscription to MUBI: Each LomoKino MUBI Edition comes with a month's subscription to MUBI worth 7,99 EUR.
- Exclusive Gift: A film strip from Palme D'Or winner Apichatpong Weerasethakul's LomoKino movie Ashes ready to view in the LomoKinoscope!
- Boxed In: – The LomoKino MUBI Edition comes in a specially designed box with Apichatpong Weerasethakul's signature on it.
- Use all kinds of 35mm film –Make Color Negative, X-Pro, Redscale and Black and White movies
- Focus In A Flash – Easily focus anywhere between 0.6m and Infinity
- Set Your Aperture – Continuous aperture settings from f/5.6 to f/11 – Smoothly adjust the aperture at any time whilst shooting
- Grab a Tripod – Use the tripod thread and get ready for some steady movie action
- Light up your movie – Attach your favourite flashes to the LomoKino hot-shoe mount – Perfect for stop motion experimentation
- Shoot Away – Shoot approximately 3-5 frames per second– Just turn the advancing lever to make your movie
- Check Your Movie Progress – Use the LomoKino's volume display to check how much film you have left – When the red flag on top of the camera pops up, the shows over!
- Watch your movies the analogue way – Load your movie rolls into the film containers and put them in the LomoKinoscope. By rotating the viewing crank, you can watch your movie in the most analogue way possible! Bring out the storyboards, get creative, and shoot awesome 35mm short films with the revolutionary LomoKino; Lomography's very own movie camera.
- Film type: 35mm
- Exposure area: 24mm x 8.5mm
- Frames per. roll (36 exp.): 144 frames
- Frame rate: Approximately 3-5 frames per second
- Taking Lens: 25mm
- Angle of view: 54 degrees
- Aperture: f/5.6, f/8, f/11 (Continuous aperture)
- Shutter speed: 1/10
- Film Advancing: Manual
- Film Counting: Volume display
- Focusing: (Normal) 1m~infinity, (Press button for) 0.6m close-up
- View finding: Inverse-Galileo foldable viewfinder
- Flash sync: x-sync (hot-shoe)
- Tripod mount: Standard 1/4" tripod screw
Find out more on the LomoKino Mubi Edition Site