Children are welcome at MOPA.
Here are some tips to make your family’s visit the best possible:
- Ask the staff at our Admissions Desk for a Family Activity Guide to take along with you in the galleries.
- Download and print the Balboa Park Family Guide on this webpage.
- We want children to enjoy the galleries. We invite them to talk, laugh and move around freely. However, running and other physical activity in which they can hurt themselves or damage the works of art are not permitted.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Please remember that works of art should not be touched. This is to ensure your safety as well as the safety of the artwork.
- Strollers are welcome throughout the museum. If you want to park your stroller during your visit, just ask a staff member to show you where it can be stored.
- Talk about it. We encourage dialogue with your family and friends in the galleries. However, please be courteous to others who may be quietly reflecting on an artwork.
- Take a photo inspired by a photograph you see at MOPA and email it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’d love to see your creativity.